Technology doesn't have to be the enemy, even for seniors. If you're willing to step out of your comfort zone, there are some must-have devices that can help older ones live more independently, or even safely. Consider just a few.
- Telekin. This basic computer was specifically designed with seniors in mind. Easily access all programs by using the touch-screen menu. Write emails, video chat with family, share photos, and more.
- Smartphone. They allow you to set calendar appointments and receive timely reminders, get directions, and record notes for yourself. You can also download apps to help you monitor your medical information, read books, and more.
- Fitbit. If you want to stay active, a wearable activity tracker can help. It can count your steps and monitor other physical activity, record your heart rate, keep track of sleep patterns, and so much more.
- MobileHelp. This medical alert system works even when you're away from home. It has fall detection that works even when you are unable to push the button. Its GPS can automatically send your location to agents.
- TVEars. Your family members won't have to tell you to turn down the TV anymore. The TVEars wireless headset allows you to control the tone and volume you prefer, while other viewers control the volume on the TV itself.
Why not look into at least one of these devices? Once you start reaping the benefits, you'll be glad you took the time to learn to use it.
At Caring Senior Service, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities. Contact us today to learn more!